Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy brain-iversary!

Sunday was a very special brain-iversary for my sister Jessica. It was the one year anniversary of her enduring one of the most hardcore brain surgeries I have ever heard of. Without getting too graphic, after opening her brain up and playing around to find out where all of the important parts (language, hearing, motor skills, eye sight, etc) were located over the course of a hellish week, they did one final big operation and removed most of her left temporal lobe. Sunday was the one year anniversary of that final surgery.

For those of you who don't know, Jessica is fighting round two with brain cancer. She got her diagnosis in June of 2007 and last October they finally did the big surgery. When she saw the surgeons and they presented her with her treatment options, my sister chose the most aggressive one. I am amazed everyday with her bravery! I know I do not have the strength to endure the things she has in the last year! She is my hero and I love her so much for fighting so hard to stay here with us.

She is on the home stretch now... She did radiation in the spring of this year and is more than half way done with her chemo. To commemorate her special day, Patrick and I made her an extra special cake and took it up to family dinner:


I can't say it enough - I love you Jess!!

No comments: